Honesty, Integrity & Experience are Our Foundation
The history of Steadfast Companies is best described by steady development and progression into an integrated and multifaceted real estate investment management company. Steadfast was initially founded in 1994 by Rodney F. Emery, its Chairman and CEO. The company began with the acquisition of a single multifamily apartment project in Hollywood, California, and leveraged the success of that transaction into what Steadfast has become today.
Today, Steadfast is building upon its rich history and deep real estate operating, investment and management experience. The company is devoting its attention to investor needs while further developing investment strategies and structures that provide unique yield-driven opportunities through a variety of investment vehicles.
- 1994 – Steadfast Companies is founded by Rodney F. Emery.
- 1995 – First multifamily property acquired with two institutional partners, sold 18 months later at a significant profit.
- 1999 – Multifamily portfolio grows to 38 properties.
- 2000 – Steadfast Management Company, Inc. is formed.
- 2002 – Steadfast expands to pursue retail, industrial and office properties.
- 2005 – Steadfast expands again to pursue resort properties in the U.S. and Mexico.
- 2006 – Multifamily portfolio spans 18 states with over 120 properties owned and/or managed.
- 2009 – Steadfast Capital Markets Group is launched to offer investment programs through retail broker-dealers and institutional channels.
- 2010 – Steadfast introduces Steadfast Income REIT, a publicly-registered, non-traded REIT.
- 2013 – Steadfast Income REIT closes its public offering with over $735 million raised and a portfolio of 61 multifamily properties in 11 states. Steadfast Apartment REIT, Steadfast’s second publicly-registered, non-traded REIT goes effective.
- 2014 – With additional Steadfast multifamily acquisitions, Steadfast Management Company manages over 27,000 units in 25 states.
- 2015 – Steadfast Management Company continues to grow with management of more than 36,000 units.
- 2016 – Steadfast Apartment REIT closes its public offering with over $700 million raised and a portfolio of 31 apartment communities in 11 states. Steadfast Apartment REIT III, the company’s third publicly-registered, non-traded REIT goes effective.